Yes, once again, the title gives it all away.. but incase there’s any doubts… I shall be doing a run-down of my current favourite beauty products or “my march favourites!” Some of the products here are going to be old favourites that I find myself running back to and then some are new products that I’ve recently discovered and have fallen in love with!
Without any more delay, I shall get right into it:
Favourite Lipstick: I’ve been really really into lipsticks this month and have found myself steering away from my ol’ reliable red lip and trying something a bit different and more spring appropriate. I’ve been buying more coral-y toned and pink-y toned shades and I’ve actually really enjoyed wearing them. Two of my favourite lipsticks this month have probably been MAC’s Watch me Simmer from their new Cook Cook range and MAC’s Please Me from their regular range.
- Favourite Foundation: This is KIND of a newbie to me ( I’ve only been using it for about 2months) and it is the Revlon Colourstay Foundation(in the shade 150 Buff if anybody is wondering) For years, I have searched high and low for the “perfect foundation”. I thought I found it with Bourjois’s Healthy Mix Foundation ( which don’t get me wrong is a great foundation BUT it repeatedly broke me out due to its strong fragranced formula). I decided to give this Revlon one a go as I had heard pretty good reviews and now I think I have found THE ONE! Its name is Colourstay and boy, does it stay! This baby will not budge off your face until you reeeeally want it to! It doesnt look too heavy on the face ( which I like), has great coverage ( medium) and smooths on nicely! The only downside is that I’ve heard from a lot of people that it can be hard to find a shade to match your skin tone.. however I was lucky and have seemed to have found the perfect match!
- Favourite Eyeshadow: I guess there isn’t really any need for me to even answer this ( if you’ve read my blog before that is).. but I will anyway.. it has been of course the Urban Decay Naked Palette! This palette has served me well not over the past month but for months and months before that as well. I use it day and night every day without a fail! Can’t rave about it enough! ( Link to a full review of this bad boy: https://atinysliceofkate.wordpress.com/2012/03/12/naked/
- Favourite Mascara: This was hard for me to answer as I never tend to stick to just the one mascara.. I buy a new and different one every time I run out just to experiment.. I guess you could call me a mascara-whore of sorts! 😉 HOWEVER, I”ve been using Maybeline’s Falsiesmascara for quite a while now and I have to say I think I might re-purchase again! I love the consistency of the mascara itself…. not to clumpy or drying ( ha trust me this is important) the colour comes out jet black which I love and the curved shape of the brush makes application that much easier.. which was very considerate of the chaps down at Maybeline! Three cheers for my first mascara love! Wooh! 🙂
- Favourite Blush: The blush I use every single day is Peach Melba by Natural Collectionwhich is a brand made by Boots! These blushes are so strongly pigmented, have a great creamy powdery consistency and apply amazingly to the face! Not only that but they are so so cheap… only 2.99 yo yos…BARGAIN! I love all their shades in particular Rosey Glow, Pink Cloud and my every day blush Peach Melba ( which has been rumoured to be an astounding dupe to MACs blush of the same name..ssshhhh)
- Favourite Make-up Brush: I recently entered the world of Real Techniques brushes ( designed by make-up artist and YouTube star the lovely Samantha Chapman) My first purchase was the stippling brush,..and guys, I’ve gotta say.. I’ll never look back! This brush is every girls dream. I use it every single day to apply my foundation and it goes on flawlessly and you also found yourself using less product that you would,with your fingers or a regular foundation brush! I’m eager to get my hands on their powder and blush brush next and see if they are just as amazing! If any of you have these brushes…please let me know! 🙂
- Favourite Cleanser/facial wash: Without a doubt my Dermalogica Ultracalming Cleansing Gel.I’ve been using this morning and night for the past 2 months now and I’ve honestly seen such a difference to my skin. As you all know ( cause I never stop mentioning it haha) I have very sensitive skin and can use very little products! This cleansing gel is perfect because it contains to artificial fragrances and leaves my skin really clean and soothed. LOVE IT!
- Favourite Moisturiser: This is another ol’favourite of mine : La-Roche Posay’s Hydrene Riche. I can’t fault this product whatsoever, it does the job, keeps my skin really moisturised but is not to heavy. Perfect base for make-up, sinks in quickly and is very gentle on my skin. The tube is deceiving too.. looks very small but a little goes a long way! I keep repurchasing this and it never fails me!
- Favourite Hair Product: This was my most difficult thing to pick as I use quite a few great products on my hair as of recent. However, I guess if I really have to choose one then it would have to be the L’oreal Mythic Oil… now I have already done a review on this ( which you can read at this link here: https://atinysliceofkate.wordpress.com/2012/02/20/my-current-top-favourite-products-because-being-faithful-to-just-one-product-is-too-hard/) so I won’t go into it but I will just say that this oil has truly brought my hair back to life. It is literally my hair’s hero! Everybody say awww for hair lovin’!
- Favourite Body lotion/moisturiser: Again, because of my sensitive skin and eczema, I don’t really get to experiment when it comes to skin products as it could easily irritate me and cause an allergic reaction. E45 cream has been so great to me the past few months. It has kept me so moisturised and has soothed my poor skin even when my eczema gets too much. I’ve also been finding Lush’s Dream cream... well….a dream.. ha! It has been proved to be great for people who suffer from mild skin conditions such as eczema..and so far I agree.. I’ve had no problems with it and the best thing is it actually smells great! (Link to my post about eczema/senstive skincare: https://atinysliceofkate.wordpress.com/2012/02/07/escaping-eczema-the-unglamorous-side-of-skincare/
- Favourite perfume/scent: As I have mentioned a few times in some previous posts… my signature scent is D&G’s No.3 and probably always will be. However, from time to time I like to dabble in a few different scents just to change things up a bit! This month I”ve found myself gravitating towards LoverDose by Diesal! I’m AWFUL at describing scents and the only thing i’ll say is that its very girly and smells kind of like sweets and lovliness (see I told you I was awful) the best thing to do would be to go try it out yourself.. it’s laaaaavely! 🙂
- Favourite Jewellery piece: I’m a self-confessed jewellery-a-holic… I literally cannot stop myself from buying more and more jewellery, so I had to add this section into my favourites! I’m even running out of space to store it all. I’m a huge fan of chunky gold and bronzey pieces and then anything with a peace sign or a skull on it really. I also love vintagey looking and cameo style pieces. I was trying to pick something that I’ve found myself wearing quite a bit and I’ve decided that its my gold layered bird statement necklacethat I bought in Topshop a few months ago. I’ve found that it works with so many outfits and it just adds a certain something to different to a plain or boring outfit.
- Favourite Book: I’m also a crazy bookworm… I could spend the entire day happily wrapped up in bed with a good book!..seriously, I love it! I will read all sorts of books and I’m usually not too fussy about the genre. This month, I’ afraid I’m going to have to jump on the popular opinion bandwagon and say The Hunger Games has been my favourite book of the month. I realise this is very cliche and literally everybody is talking about it,.. but… it really is such an amazing book. I finished it in a day and couldnt put it down. I recently saw the movie as well and I loved that too. I’m, excited to read the next book now and for the next film to be out!
- Favourite Film: This month, I’ve actually seen some pretty good movies. I guess the best movies I’ve watched this month have been The Help, which I admittedly CRIED my eyes out to ( and I never ever cry at movies…I swear) and then on the opposie end of the scale the hilarious”The Muppet’s Movie”.. which I went to see with my boyfriend and we didn’t stop laughing throughout the entire movie..cannot wait until it comes out on DVD! Please let me know what movies you’ve loved this month and if you have any recommendations.. I’m a huge movie nerd.
Okay guys, I think I shall leave it there before I bore y’all to tears ( if I haven’t yet already!) Even though this isn’t a tag, i;d love if some of you did this post too…or if you’d like you could just leave some of your “March favourites” in a comment below!
I hope all of you had a great month! Looking forward to April now and alll the yummy chocolate-ness that comes with it!
Thanks for reading guys and until next time…Byeeee! Kx 🙂