Once upon a time….
…….Nah, Hey guys (that’s more like it).
Sorry to disappoint, today I shall not be reciting a romantic love tale.. however, I will be declaring my love for a select few lipsticks. This is going to be a little different from my usual Product Wars Mondays,..as the lipsticks that I have chosen to talk about…are not in war with eachother… infact.. I love them all equally!
These are a FEW ( I chose 10) of my favourite lipsticks/lipsticks that I wear most often. This is a mixed bunch featuring both drugstore and high-end brands and they range from the nudiest of nudes to the loudest of brights. So read on if you are sufficiently enticed..
- MAC Chatterbox (featured in the first picture of this blog) Amplified finish: This is my idea of the perfect pink lipstick. It’s incredibly girly and not for the shy girls out there. However it is very wearable day or night, no matter what skin tone you are. I think it’s strongly become one of my all time favourite lipsticks fullstop.
- MAC Watch me Simmer: Amplified finish: This coral lipstick is bang on trend this season. I never ever used to wear anything like this and I used to shy away from anything that was described as “orange” or “coral” but I’m really starting to like this trend and I’ve found myself swapping my trademark red lips for a more on trend look with this lipstick.
- MAC red: Satin finish: Classic red for a classic vampy look. This is a staple in my make-up bag for a night out.
- MAC Please Me: Matte finish: This is my current “everyday” lipstick.. it’s a very “your lips but better” colour..and instantly gives your face that pick me up..it sometimes needs…
- NYC Blue Rose: This deep hot pink is great for adding something to a very boring outfit on a night out. The blue undertones also make your teeth look super white too!
- Gosh in 146 Cappucino: I admit from the swatch, this lipstick actually looks vile but it gives a nice nude sheer effect on the lips and looks great with a brown or greyish smokey eye look
- Barry M 151: This is actually quite similar to MAC’s watch me simmer.. but just a tad bit more on the orangey side. Again, it’s a great colour to be seen wearing this spring/summer. Looks awesome with a tan.
- Rimmel Kate Moss collection 01: I will admit that yes, I did initially buy this because it has my name on the packaging (how could I not??) however it’s actually a really nice deep red colour. Great with black smokey eyes.
- Rimmel Lasting Finish in Birthday Suit: This is one of my favourite nude lipsticks of all time. I pop this on when I want a very natural look or when I’ve really emphasised my eyes and I need a toned down lip colour. I keep this lipstick with me all the time really.
- Topshop in Vamp: This colour does look a bit crazy and slightly “a la goth” however I think everyone should have a deep purple colour in their lipstick collection. It was all in last season and I can see it carrying right through this year again.Surprisingly very very wearable. and is buildable so you can choose how dark you wanna go!
Okay so i’m afraid that’s it folks! I hope you liked this short-ish post! I’d love to hear what some of your favourite lipsticks are at the moment or of any lipsticks that are on your wishlist….so leave them all in a comment below.
If you enjoyed this post and would like to see more of my “favourites”, please let me know and I shall get on that!
Hope you are all well, I’m off to eat more easter eggs…and slowly fall into a chocolate-induced coma… Nom..zzzz…nom…zzzzz
Thanks for reading guys and until next time.Bye!!! Kx 🙂