Yes, today I have a whopper for you, not only am I going to be discussing a few of my festival must-haves but I’m also going to be including another exciting giveaway wooh!
Okay, so as festival season is upon us, rain or shine, there are a few necessary things we need to take with us. I’m gonna avoid talking about the obvious practical things and focus more on the beauty side…basically things to help you avoid looking less than shabby and more chic.
I’ve compiled my own little festival “beauty” kit which gets me through whatever conditions a festival throws at me:
- dry shampoo: pretty much the No.1 Must have at any festival. My personal favourite is the Batiste range..which also comes in handy mini-sizes.
- face wipes or an all in one cleanser/toner and moisturiser: The last thing on your mind at a festival is skincare but you still should remove your make-up every night. I opt for an easy route and use Simple cleansing face wipes but you could also use and all in one cleanser/toner and moisturiser.. Nivea does a great one!
- travel sized toothpaste and toothbrush: Yes, your teeth still need to be cleaned at a festival. One thing I found to be very useful were toothytabs by Lush. Basically a solid toothpaste that you pop into your mouth and chew until it froths, then use your toothbrush as normal. It’s a much cleaner and practical than packing a tube of toothpaste (which will most likely burst all over your bag) https://www.lush.co.uk/product/5631/Ultrablast-Toothy-Tab Have a look at the ones I used last year! 🙂
- mini deodrant: You can pick these up in most pharmacies and are the perfect size to bring around with you all day. Because you most likely will not be showering at all, this bad boy will become your saviour.
- baby wipes: another hero at a festival, also known as a “mini shower” these guys have multi-tasking abilities and NEED to be in everybodies festival bag!
- Make-up: I typically bring: waterproof mascara, mini eyeshadow palette, two in one cheek and lip tint, tinted moisturiser and a concealor. Try and bring products that don’t need any or failing that, very little make-up brushes. Look out for multi-tasking products and try to find cheap alternatives of products you love so that you wont be too distraught if they get lost
- sunscreen ( not that its always needed in Ireland, har har) You need this, trust me, being burnt and uncomfortable in a tent is not fun!
- body spray/mist: much more practical than hauling around your favourite expensive perfume! I love the body mists from The Body Shop
- antibacterial hand gel – with added moisturiser ( this means that your hands get a tini bit of tlc) You will use this constantly, especially if you’re a tad obsessed like me! It’s handy to actually have a few of these with you. One for your bag and one to leave in your tent.
NOW ONTO THE GIVEAWAY! * excited dance*
I was kindly contacted by Opticrom Allergy and offered an “Ultimate Festival Kit” to give away to one lucky reader! Hurrah for giveaways! While I focused on the more beauty-side of the festival kit, Opticrom have covered all the pratical and basic must haves to keep you safe and prepared at your festival!
Little bit about Opticrom Allergy Eye Drops:
Opticrom Allergy Eye Drops bring fast-acting relief to the symptoms of Allergic Conjunctivitis and can soothe sore, irritated and watery eyes in as little as two minutes.
- The active ingredient in Opticrom Allergy Eye Drops is sodium cromoglicate, which helps to block the H1 receptors.
- Opticrom Allergy Eye Drops stop the response chemical Histamine from reaching them and triggering further allergic reactions.
- Hay fever sufferers can use the drops the moment symptoms begin.
- Treating the symptoms of an eye allergy is a more effective way of ensuring that allergies do not take their toll and prevent you from getting on with your life.
What the kit includes:
Lip balm ● Blue PVC poncho ●pocket-size tissues ● hand wipes(pack of 15) ● tube of SPF30 sunscreen ● LED keychain torch ● pocket pack of earplugs (2 pairs) ●toilet seat covers ● anti-bacterial hand gel ● travel, toothbrush with toothpaste paste ● pack of chewing gum ●emergency blanket ●mini first-aid kit ● 6 inch glowstick ● travel size BeeKind Shampoo and Shower Gel. All of the items for the kit come in a handy cotton drawstring bag.
- Entrants must be a follower of this blog ( you do not need to be a WordPress member to follow this blog simply click on the “follow blog via email” tab on the right hand side of my blog) AND must like my Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/sleepingbootaykate
- Leave a comment below saying that you have both followed this blog and “liked” my facebook page and answer this question: What festival would you like to go to this summer?
- Competition is only open to EVERYONE! Worldwide… no exclusions!
- The competition will run for 2weeks and end on the 25th of July
- The winner will be randomly selected via Random.org
- Entrants must cover all steps above or their entry will not be included.
Thats all for now guys, so get entering and good luck to y’all! 🙂
Bye Kx 🙂