Yep guys, it’s that time again. I just received my July Glossybox and I’m excited to share my thoughts on it with you! Hurrah!
This month’s box is a “festival” box and is focused on “essential products” that can help you get that festival look!
- BEX London: Londoner Urban Fragrance (sample-sized): ” Four high concentration, modern fragrances inspired by the unique character and idiosyncrasies of London. (Fullsize 100ml £81)
I love getting perfume testers.I find they are so handy to keep in your bag instead of hauling your full sized perfumes. It’s also a really great idea to bring to a festival. However, this fragrance is not for me at all. I’m not great at describing scents but it’s quite musky and very strong and I typically go for quite fruity or floral scents. I think this fragrance smells quite unisex.. so I might pass it on to my brother…so it won’t go to waste!
- Awapuhi Wild Ginger: Texturising Sea Spray (sample sized): “Create a tousled, beachy style any time. This surf-inspired spray adds texture and body to any locks. (Fullsize 150ml £18.95)
I was excited to see this in the box. I’ve never used a texturising sea spray and this looks like a really good quality one to pop my sea spray cherry! I haven’t tried this yet but I’ve sprayed it and it smells nice and fresh so let’s hope it works as well as it smells! I’ll keep y’all posted!
- Monu: Calming Cream (full-sized): “This green-tinted cream works by neutralising the redness often noticed on the cheeks and chin area” (Fullsize 15ml £14.95)
Usually, I dread getting sample sized testers of skincare as I have very sensitive skin and I’m always worried to try new things on my face. This however states that it is suitable for sensitive skin and actually works to combat redness and sensitivity. I’m interested to see if this actually works, if so, it’ll be a revelation in sleepingbootay land I can tells ya!
- Jelly Pong Pong Cosmetics: Lip Frosting (full-sized): ” A multifunctional cream gloss. Use on lips for a tint of colour, or cheeks for a luminous glow”. (Fullsize 15ml £10)
First off, this smells absolutely AMAZING! Soooo fruity and delicious.. so it’s already a winner for me. On the lips it gives a really nice pinky tint but not too” in your face”. The product states that it can be used as a cheek tint aswell but personally I think it’s far too sticky to be applied to the face.
- Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse (sample-sized) : ” Apply this dry oil to your face, body and hair all year round, in summer and in winter. (fullsize 50ml £17.50)
Over the moon to find this in this month’s box! I’m really into the whole multi-task oil jazz these days and I’ve been dying to try this one out! It’s pretty expensive to buy full-sized so I’m grateful to be able to try out this oil before I splash out the cash. So far I’ve only used this oil on my hands and nails and I’ve loved it! The oil is quite strongly scented so I’ll be keeping it away from my face (damn sensitive skin ggrrrr) but I am looking forward to trying it out on my hair!
- Bonus Product: Elizabeth Arden’s Visible Difference Gentle Hydrating line (sample-sized): ” Works to keep dry skin soft, supple and here to stay”.
Woooh for bonus products! Again, I’m weary to try these testers incase they make my sensitive skin go nuts. Pending a patch test I will try these out and see if they are worth the hype. I really love Elizabeth Arden’s Eight Hour Cream so hopefully these products are just as good.
My favourite product this month: Probably the Nuxe Oil. I’ve wanted to try this oil for a long time but I couldn’t justify the price. I’m completely loving the whole multi-task oil thang at the moment so I’m excited to give this one a go!
Least favourite: I’m gonna say the fragrance but only for the fact that it really isn’t my personal taste. I never really wear fragrances like this so I probably won’t even use it.
Overall, I was pleased with this month’s box. While I don’t really agree with it being referred to as the festival box (as I don’t think they are the type of products I would bring to a festival) I still think it offered a really great variety of products!
If you are interested in reading last month’s (June) glossybox review, here’s the linky plink: https://atinysliceofkate.wordpress.com/2012/06/27/review-junes-glossybox/
And if you’ve read this and thought, hey I wanna jump on the Glossybox bandwagon: All the deets on how you can subscribe are on their website: http://www.glossybox.co.uk/
If any of you are Glossybox subscribers, I’d love to hear about your experiences were like with the July box and what your favourite and least favourite items were!
If you have any questions on any of the products I’ve mentioned or if you would like further more detailed reviews on any of them please let me know in a comment below! Thanks! 🙂
Thanks for reading guys!