A tad late on the bandwagon.. but better late than never, right? So on that note, today I give you my pick of the products that “wowed” me in March.
- Rimmel’s Wake me up foundation: Another month gone, and another chance for me to bang on about this beauty of a foundation. Ladies and gentlemen, I think it’s fair to say that I have found the one… the perfect foundation that is. It’s light while offering a medium (yet build-able) coverage. The shade perfectly matches my skin tone and on top of that it actually does what it promises, it really does wake me up. The formula contains tiny particles of shimmer which reflect light off your skin giving it that “healthy glow” we all crave…what more could you want! Even the price is perfect at only a mere 11 yo yos… It’s a steal! I urge each and every one of you to run to your nearest drugstore now and purchase this bad boy (after you’ve read this blog post of course 😉 )
- Bobbi Brown corrector & creamy concealer: Last month I decided to treat myself to a luxury concealer. Having only ever tried “drugstore” concealers , I felt like a complete newbie to the world of high-end concealment. I had heard many a good word about Bobbi Brown products and in particular their concealer kit so I decided to give it a whirl. At the counter I was matched up to the shade “Porcelain Bisque” and was instantly impressed even after the first application. The concealer side perfectly conceals my dark circles and works great on any pesky blemishes while the powder side helps to keep the concealer from sliding down my face!
- Barry M Hi-Shine Gelly nail polish: It’s a well known fact by now that I am a huge nail-polish fiend.. if there’s a new colour, shade, gadget in town.. I’m on it! As soon as I heard of these new gel-like polishes by Barry M, I legged it down to my local Boots and picked up the shades “Watermelon” and “Pomegranate”, two perfect shades for Spring time. The colour pay-off is great and they do give you that gel-manicure look without forking out the money. I’ll definitely be purchasing more shades of these bad boys!
- Natural collection’s blush in Peach Melba: A complete oldie… in fact possibly one of the first blushers I ever purchased. Some say it’s the perfect dupe for MAC’s Peach Melba. In my opinion, as far as colour pay-off goes, this is true however it’s durability wouldn’t match up. For the mere price of less than 2 yo yo’s this blush is the perfect product for those starting off in the make-up world or just for those looking to save some dollah! This blush range offers numerous shades of lovely colours to try out so you’re sure to find a shade to suit you.
- Rimmel’s Lash Accelerator Mascara in Brown: Running out of mascara is probably one of the most annoying things a make-up junkie can endure, however it’s the perfect excuse to try out some new releases. Last month was just that time to try out Rimmel’s new product, the “Lash Accelerator” mascara. Having heard nothing of this mascara previously, I tried this mascara with no preconceptions and zero expectations. By accident I had picked up the brown version which I have never used before but now I’m completely glad I did. Being quite fair-skined, brown mascara gives me a much more natural look and is much easier to wear as part of an “everyday” make-up look. The mascara itself, is very lengthening but not the best volumising mascara out there! I’ll be keeping this in my make-up bag for daily touch-ups at work!
- Dove Purely pampering body cream: Having eczema it’s very rare that I get the chance to try out any luxury body creams or lotions as they tend to have quite harsh ingredients and strong fragrances. Dove has always been kind to my cranky skin so I decided to try out their indulgent body butter to give my body a treat. This body butter is incredibly moisturizing smells lovely and leaves your skin feeling so soft you won’t be able to keep your hands away from yourself (ooooo-er!)
- Bourjois Rouge Edition Lipstick in “Rouge Buzz”: Forever on the look out for that perfect lipstick, I dabbled in Bourjois’s new lipstick range, “The Rouge Edition”. I picked up the shade ” ” which to me, looks very similar to MAC’s Lady Danger. Being a flattering coral-y red colour this lipstick is bang on trend and looks great on pretty much all skin tones. The formula itself isn’t the most moisturizing so I’d advise banging on the ol’ lip balm before application, but apart from that this lipstick is definitely a must-buy for Spring/Summer!
Aaaaaand that’s it folks, that’s all of my march favorites right there. However, I will be back with my April favourites very soon and I can tell you I’ve already found some gems.. so keep your peepers peeled for them!
I’d love to hear from you and what products you loved in March OR equally if you’ve tried any of the products I’ve mentioned in this blogpost. Leave me your thoughts in the comment section below!
Thanks again for reading guys!
Bye for now!