Learning caps at the ready guys and prepare to get beauty-term savvy with my second batch of “Beauty Jibber Jabber Explained”.
- Astringent: A toner helpful in controlling surface oils and in lowering the pH after cleansing.
- Glycolic Acid: This acid works to reduce the build up of excess dead skin cells. A glycolic peel is used in the beauty world to peel or exfoliate the skin, to give it a boost and a youthful look
- Lanolin: An emollient with moisturizing properties and an emulsifier with high water absorbing capabilities.
- Panthenol: Also known as vitamin B5, acts as a penetrating moisturizer/lubricant. It works great in hair products as it promotes the thickening and volumising of the hair.
- Paraffin: A beeswax substitute derived from petroleum. It is white or colourless and is used as a lubricant in many products.
- Rosacea: A skin condition characterized by inflammed, red, oily, acne-prone areas. It typically occurs on the facial region but can spread around the body, particularly the neck and chest area.
- Retinol: This is a vitamin A acid. The main ingredient in Retin-A and Renova which are used to treat fine wrinkles and acne.
- Salicylic Acid: An antiseptic that helps dissolve the top layers of the skin. It works by reducing swelling and redness while unplugging blocked skin pores which allow the spots to shrink in size. It can also help treat other various skin conditions by making the skin loose and soft so that it falls off or can be removed easily.
- Callus: An excessive build-up of hard, thick tissue or skin. Most commonly found on the feet or hand and can be removed using a range of exfoliating products such as a pumice stone, scrubs etc.
- CC Creams: Otherwise known as “color corrector” or “coverage control” creams, they are the next generation of complexion perfectors and have been dubbed as the “step up” from BB Creams. they offer lighter but better coverage than BB cream. Like a BB cream they act as a brightner, primer and foundation but additionally they contain anti-aging and sun protection ingredients.
Okay guys that’s it for my second batch of Beauty Jibber Jabber Explained , If you liked this post and would like to see more like it please comment below!
Until then, CLASS DISMISSED! 🙂