I’mma be honest and say I’m not a huge fan of Halloween but I won’t say no to any holiday that incorporates eating a ridiculous amount of sweets all day! When I was a child, I used to love dressing up, trick-or-treating, the whole sha-bang but I can’t help feel that the older I get, the less halloweeny I feel. In an attempt to get into the spirit of things, I spent a day carving pumpkins, eating copious amounts of chocolate and watching old spooky classics such as Hocus Pocus and Casper and I think it’s worked! I’ve even made a Halloween Playlist on my iPod which I play every morning on my walk to work.
Saying this though, for actual Halloween night this year I’m going low-key with just a trip to the cinema to see a re-run of the old classic “Nightmare on Elm Street”, no doubt with my witches hat and a huge bag of goodies in tote! Happy Out!
Anyone looking for a slightly more action-packed night, here are some things that are on in Ireland this year:
- Take a haunted walking tour http://www.hiddendublinwalks.com/haunted-walking-tour-dublin.php
- Take a Ghost bus ride http://www.hiddendublinwalks.com/ghost-tour-dublin-bus-gravedigger.php
- Halloween activities at Dublin Zoo http://www.familyfun.ie/halloween-spooktacular-at-dublin-zoo/
- Haunted interactive obstacle course: http://www.farmaphobia.com/
- Rocky Horror Picture Show Halloween Extravaganza http://www.thesugarclub.com/listings/event/the-rocky-horror-picture-show-halloween-extravaganza
What are your plans for this Hallow’s Eve and what costumes have you guys got up your sleeve?
HAPPY HALLOWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEN! 🙂