I’m sure you are all familiar with the painful razor burn, the wax rash or that stubborn stubble that will not shift. The beauty world, isn’t always so glamorous and sometimes we need a hero product to battle our beauty woes.
I have ridiculously sensitive skin which is not fond of any sort of hair removal. The majority of the time, I am left with annoying ingrown hairs that can actually become quite painful. I’ve tried all sorts of products and even some home remedies (eek) but none of them have battled the problem. I was recently very kindly sent Waxperts to try out. I have been using them for over 2 weeks now and I’m very impressed. Not only do they help to get rid of ingrown hairs, they can be used to battle a multitude of beauty sins. It has been known to be great at treating Keratosis Pilaris (those pesky red bumps on the backs of your arms), acne and keeps your skin super smooth.
But what makes them work, you might say? Well, these pads contain 3 key ingredients that work together at treating, healing and preventing your skin after you shave or wax.
- Salicylic acid which works as an exfoliator, causing the skin cells to shed more readily, opening clogged pores and neutralizing bacteria within, preventing pores from clogging up again.
- Rosemary which has anti-inflammatory properties and
- Panthenol which improves hydration and stops the skin becoming itchy or inflamed.
The pads are easy peasy to use, simply rub the pad over the area that needs treatment each day. I tend to do this before my shower, but it’s really down to you!
Other helpful tips I find great at keeping ingrown hairs at bay are:
- Always use a sharp razor
- exfoliate with a good scrub at least once a week
- use a body brush before you shower to stimulate the hair follicles
- and lastly use the Waxperts pads.
The tub contains 40 pads at a mere €7.99 and can be found in over 300 salons nationwide or directly from their salon in Dun Laoghaire by phoning 01-2140757 or by e-mailing: email@example.com. It will be launching in pharmacies soon too so keep your peepers peeled for that!
I honestly don’t know what I did before Waxperts, thank you for coming into my life!