So far in brow week, we’ve talked about the best brow inspirations out there and various eyebrow shaping techniques including threading and waxing but what about good ol fashioned DIY tweezing? If you want to take charge of your brows in the comfort of your home then read some of my top tips to keeping them in tip top shape.
-Before bringing in the tweezers, try using an eyebrow pencil to roughly draw in the shape you want. This will give you a rough guide to work around.
– Always start by determining your start and end points. the beginning of the brow should align with the centre of the nostril and the arch should fall directly above the pupil. The end of the brow should follow the outer corner of your eye. Use a pencil to get these alignments and make a small mark.
– Remember brows are sisters, not twins. Don’t drive yourself crazy trying to get them identical, you’ll only end up removing too much hair. Less is always more!!
– Tweeze in the direction of hair growth to avoid snapping the hair and causing nasty ingrown hairs.
– Always follow your natural shape, we might all want Cara’s famous big brows but they don’t necessarily suit everyone’s face shape.
– Avoid tweezing above the brow, always take hairs from below as this looks the most natural and helps keep your natural arch.
– Use two mirrors when you are waxing, tweezing or threading at home. A normal one for an overall realistic view and a magnifying one to help with detail. Make sure to rotate between the two regularly to create the most accurate shape.
Have you any brow tips or have you any DIY eyebrow tweezing mis-haps you’d like to share? Let me know in the comments below. 🙂